Today, Pandora is happy to announce our newest innovation: the ability for our ad-supported listeners to unlock Pandora Premium by watching a 15-second video ad. As Premium Access rolls out, all Pandora listeners will be able to access our full catalog, on-demand, anytime they want.
This is a huge moment for artists, too. For the first time, artists can use Artist Audio Messages and social media to point their fans to a specific track on Pandora, and fans will not only be able to listen to that track, but also search and play songs, albums, and playlists during their unlocked session of Pandora Premium.
To begin promoting your music:
- Log into Pandora.com on your desktop
- Search for your artist name and click into your Artist Page
- In the ‘Discography’ section of your Artist Page, click into the release you would like to promote
- On the release page, click on the title of the track you’d like to drive traffic to
- On the track page, click on the ‘Share’ icon in the header
- Select ‘Copy Link’
- Log into AMP and create an Artist Audio Message with the copied share link to your track as the Call To Action
- Use the button label ‘Listen Now’
NOTE: If you are using AMPcast, follow similar steps to find the share link on the mobile Pandora app. You can also follow steps 1-5 to create a social post to promote your track.
Using this feature is a phenomenal way to promote new music, boost spins on tracks you wish to Feature, and generate more lucrative on-demand plays for your music. We’re so excited to share this feature with you, and look forward to seeing how you use it.
As always, if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out via AMP-Support@pandora.com or the Intercom chat feature in AMP.
PS – Now is a great time to do one last promotional push on your holiday music – finish the year strong!